From my other blog. Thanks.
We learned today that Catherine does have a tumor in her right eye, retinoblastoma. Because this tumor is larger in size, and because it has caused her retina to detach, the only option for her right now is to remove her eye. It is not possible to remove the tumor without taking a big risk of having it spread to other parts of her body.
The good news is that the tumor has not spread to her brain and is contained in her right eye. There is still some question as to whether she will need chemotherapy or not, but that will become clearer once the tumor is out. We will also see a pediatric oncologist to help in that decision. The plan is right now to have her eye removal surgery tomorrow. This could change if the surgery center is unable to schedule her early tomorrow. It is an outpatient procedure.
We are once again begging your prayers for our Catherine. Please pray for the doctors and nurses. Please pray for us. We don't want to see her suffer, but if anyone can beat this, she can!