Monday, January 24, 2011

Vince Flynn is the man


I have an hour drive to work so I am a big fan of Audible. I try to listen to a wide variety of audio books and not get bogged down in one particular genre. After listening the Act of Treason by Vince Flynn, I know I'm going to have a difficult time keeping that balance.

This is only my first Flynn novel but it certainly won't be my last. In fact, I already have his latest, American Assassin loaded onto my mp3 player. I would say it's a page turner but I'm listening to it. I will say that when I arrive at work or at home, I don't want to get out of the car. Act of Treason is the only audio book that I have actually listened to in my home with headphones. Usually the mp3 player never leaves my car except to be charged or loaded with a new book.

Mitch Rapp is the main character of the book and I am guessing all of the books by Flynn. He is a CIA operative that is one bad dude. He's the kind of guy every guy dreams of becoming. He is smart, a bad ass, and the women love him, well, most of them.

I won't go through the whole story, you can read the synopsis here, but let's just say most of the book reads as though it could be straight out of real life. Maybe that is what makes it so good. The book is only $9.99 paperback and well worth the cash, or you can probably get it at the library.

My only caution is that there is plenty of foul language and in Act of Treason references to some deviant lifestyles. So if you are reading it, be ready for that. If you are listening to it, make sure the kids aren't around!

No comments:

Post a Comment