Wednesday, February 3, 2010

90 Days - Day 3

What's this all about?

Bible Reading Program

Today's reading (Chapters 9-11) gives us the geneology from Noah to Abram. Some interesting things to note:
1) We are lead to believe that up until all left the Ark the animals had no natural fear of humans. This would help further explain how such an event could have taken place. Genesis 9:2

2) Are we also to understand that up til this point man did not eat animals? Genesis 9:3

3) I have heard that the incident with Ham and "Noah's nakedness" was actually an instance of incest between Ham and Noah's wife, Ham's mother. This is alluded to in Leviticus 18:6-8. Depending on the translation (RSV-CE) both read "uncover the nakedness of your father."

Max Workouts Program
Today was a very tough day. I won't make excuses but I do think I need some lighter dumbbells for some of these exercises. I did some great warm-up exercises even though I am still extremely sore. Today's exercise consisted of using dumbbells for three exercises, never putting them down until the end of the first round and the beginning of the 1 min break. I only did 3 out of the 5-6 suggested rounds. I simply couldn't move the dumbbells one more time. I was using 30 lb dumbbells and probably need to drop down to twenty or fifteen.

I must say this is the most challenging program I have ever tried. What is nice is that the author/designer is a participant in the forums so he will read, reply and encourage everyone to stick it out and not give up. It makes it a little more personal and you don't feel like your left out on your own after your purchase.

I feel good even if can't do all the exercises yet. Just sticking with that personal commitment to get up everyday and try helps so much physically and mentally!

No comments:

Post a Comment