Monday, November 9, 2009

New Book from John Eldredge

As you know, I am a huge fan of John Eldredge. His books have had a powerful impact in my life and continue to do so. He and his wife Stasi have a new book coming out December 15th - Love and War: Finding the Marriage You've Dreamed Of

I am a little gun-shy about pre-ordering or even buying this book since the last book I bought of his was a huge disappointment. Fathered by God: Learning What Your Dad Could Never Teach You was simply an edited version of his powerful book, The Way of the Wild Heart: A Map for the Masculine Journey.

Of course I'll buy it and post a review on here or maybe my wife and I will read it together and do a "he says", "she says" type review. Either way, just thought I'd let all of the John Eldredge fans know it was out there.

I was asked earlier this year which of his books I'd recommend so I thought I'd share that here now. I'd recommend the following, in this order.

1)Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive - This is an eye opening book that puts the Christian life in perspective. The dead are those who are not fully alive in the fact that they live a Christian life that is soft, easy, and full of wealth and health. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is in fact difficult, you have an enemy, and the battle rages all around. Read this book and wake up!

2)Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul - This was the first of Eldredge's books that I read. It's one of those books that you read and it confirms every thought you've had as a man. It confirms and affirms the fact that men are different and men are needed. It is book that will also help a man deal with his shortcomings and failures.

3)The Way of the Wild Heart: A Map for the Masculine Journey - picks up where Wild at Heart left off. It truly is a map for the journey. In this book John maps out all of the stages of the masculine journey. He shows not only how the journey is supposed to proceed but how to mentor our sons in this journey as well.

Thanks for reading, I'll keep you in my prayers and post a review of the new book as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book " Captivating"! Lots to ponder about our wonderful femininity and to consider what we have lost over the years. Put it together to see how to return to the Godly woman we were meant to be.

    ReplyDelete